Friday, February 18, 2011

A Weekend in Charlottesville

After spending four years of my life in Charlottesville, I've grown quite an affinity towards the town. I love the culture, the scenery, the weather, and the food.* I don't get to visit very often, but when I do get the opportunity, I try to make the best of it. This last weekend when I went down, it was a bit rainy on Saturday and we unfortunately had to spend most of the day indoors, but Sunday was gorgeous. We walked all around, reminiscing, seeing new additions, running into old friends, visiting favorite spots, and of course, ate a lot of delicious food. I actually spent Friday and Saturday thinking I had left my camera at home, but then on Sunday I found it in the car. So what you see here is just a sample of all the things we saw and ate, but hopefully it still shows you why I love it.

*Fun fact: Charlottesville has more restaurants per capita than New York City.

From top to bottom:
1.  Portobello mushroom salad with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing from Fellini's #9.
2. Free books we found on our walk to the Downtown Mall and soy chai tea from Mudhouse Coffee Shop.
3. The Lawn.
4. The South Lawn.
5. The Rotunda.
6. Wine barrels at Virginia Wineworks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment