Monday, February 2, 2015

Lunch - Monday

CHICKEN FRIED RICE with BUTTERNUT SQUASH and PEAS / gluten-free, sugar-free, soy-free / Another repeat of last week's lunches. Who knew 2 cups of rice would last so long?!

PISTACHIOS / vegan, paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free, soy-free /

APPLE COBBLER / vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free / The real star of today's lunch, since it was the only one that required any sort of effort. I experimented with three different toppings. Mostly because the recipe seemed to make about 1/4 of the cobbler that I felt should be on my 9x11 pan of apples and by the time I realized the disproportions, I was too lazy to make another batch according to the recipe, so I took the opportunity to wing it. All three versions were okay, but still definitely had that somewhat powdery, not substantial taste gluten-free flours tend to have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment