Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Basil

I spent a good portion of my weekend making cakes and cleaning up the sticky mess of the frosting. Even still I'm finding powdered sugar in various nooks in my kitchen. So by the time Sunday came around I wanted something quick, easy, and delicious because I was in no mood to make and clean a complicated meal. This pasta dish satisfied all those requirements wonderfully. I kind of just eyeballed things and made it to my liking, so feel free to make adjustments however you see fit.

Vegan Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Basil

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red onion
2 cloves of garlic
4 roma tomatoes or 2 ripe vine tomatoes, diced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/2-1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
1/2-1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
1-2 cups spinach
4 marinated sun-dried tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a deep frying pan, sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium to high heat with a little salt and pepper.

When the onions are translucent, turn the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, red chili flakes, basil, and oregano. Continue stirring for about 2 minutes, then add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Continue to cook until the spinach is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over a pasta of your choosing.

Makes 2-3 servings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment