Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthday Cakes: Chocolate, Berries, and Vegan Cream Cheese

A bunch of good friends from all over came together this last weekend to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday, which is today. For the occasion I made two cakes. They were supposed to be red velvet with a vegan cream cheese frosting, like what I made during the holidays, but I ended up having about 1/4 of the food coloring I needed, so they turned out just being chocolate cakes with vegan cream cheese frosting. Both had berry fillings, one was just raspberry, the other was strawberry and blackberry. I will post pictures of the middle of the cake along with recipes for the cake, frosting, and filling, but for now, enjoy these photos I took on Saturday!

The two cakes
Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling and Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Close up of the top of the raspberry cake
Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Blackberry Filling and Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Close up of the strawberry blackberry cake and an orchid in the background

Happy Birthday to my wonderful boyfriend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment