Saturday, March 3, 2012

Carrot Cake

We just celebrated my mom's birthday, which reminded me I never posted the carrot cake recipe from my sister's birthday back in January. 

Maybe if you're lucky, I'll post pictures of my mom's birthday cake and meal in August for my dad's birthday.

Vegan Carrot Cake

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup light brown cane sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 egg equivalent in egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely grated carrots
nuts and raisins, optional

Directions:

Preheat oven 350˚F.

Grease and flour either a 9x9 glass pan, or for thinner cake, 13x9 pan.

In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, mix sugar and egg substitute until creamy. Add vanilla, then add vegetable oil.

Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add carrots and nuts and raisins (if using them).

Smooth batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Frost with a vegan cream cheese frosting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment