Friday, July 27, 2012

Vegan in New York - Handsome Dan's Snocone & Candy Stand

Stop 5 (the third food stop on Saturday before 5pm, but who's counting): Handsome Dan's Snocone and Candy Stand in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Unless there's a mysterious ingredient in snow cones of which I am unaware, I'm pretty sure they are always vegan friendly. So why am I even bothering to point out Handsome Dan's snow cones? Because Handsome Dan makes the best snow cones, no joke. I'm not an expert on what all goes into Dan's snow cones, but I do know that the flavoring is homemade with natural juices and that the Rose Pomegranate was served with raspberries.

The snow cone itself easily stands far and above the rest on its own, but is further enhanced by the whole experience Dan has created with his shop. It's only about the size of a walk-in closet, but it is packed full of character...and candy. The walls are lined floor to ceiling with all sorts of sweets, there is a red and white candy-striped pole in the middle, Dan dresses like an old fashioned soda jerk, and have I mentioned the snow cones?

For more vegan food in New York.

0 comments:

Post a Comment